Can I have a special event at Shrine Mountain Inn?
September 5, 2023
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS FOR SPECIAL EVENTS AT SHRINE MOUNTAIN INN
- Special events are allowed from July 1st through October 1st.
- All Special Events must be approved by the owners of Shrine Mountain Inn and inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we do not guarantee vehicle access to Shrine Mountain Inn at any time.
- Summer reservations open at 8:00 am on the first business day of October of the previous year.
- You must book all three cabins for three nights for your special event.
- In addition to renting the huts, a Shrine Event Fee of $5,175.00 (plus 4.4% tax in the amount of $227.70) is required for events up to 75 people. This fee includes:
1. The rental of the grounds, compensating for wear and tear on the property when additional people attend an event.
2. Pre-event suggestions from the caretaker regarding best use of the venue and a list of experienced vendors (portable toilets, caterers, food trucks, photographers, etc.).
3. On the day/weekend of the event, the caretaker (or one of the Shrine Mountain family) will be onsite to address any property related issues. The caretaker will work with the hosts and any event planners, but does not replace a wedding or event planner.
- The maximum number of people allowed for a special event is 75.
- The cabins can accommodate 36 people: Jay’s Cabin (12), Chuck’s Up (6), Chuck’s Down (6), Walter’s Up (6), and Walter’s Down (6).
- There is no camping at Shrine Mountain Inn.
- If an event is held at Shrine Mountain Inn without the approval of the owners your group is subject to paying the Shrine Event Fee.
- If there are more than 40 guests, you must rent two portable toilets for your group to use during your special event. Rocky Mountain Cabanas in Summit County 970-468-9305 is familiar with Shrine Mountain Inn, but you may use any reputable company.
- You may wish to rent a tent to provide shelter for your event. If you do so, the tent MUST be set up to the south of Chuck’s Cabin on the gravel area ONLY.
- If you need tables, chairs, dishware, flatware, glassware, etc., for your event you will need to rent these items. There are many party rental and catering companies in Summit County to provide for your needs.
- Cooking operations must be based at Chuck’s Cabin. You or your caterer should check with us about availability of grills and other cooking gear.
- Due to limited electrical power at the cabins, if you wish to use a PA system or other amplification, please contact us prior to your event for suggestions, a generator may be required.
- There are propane refrigerators in each unit.
- You are responsible for returning all items to their proper place, cleaning up, and hauling out all trash after your event.
- Please, leave your pets at home. No pets are allowed at Shrine Mountain Inn.
- Please, leave the wildflowers where they are growing so others can enjoy them.