Huts and Lodging not booked by 10th Mountain
- Beyul Retreat (Formerly Diamond J Ranch) (970) 456-6609; In Fryingpan Valley, used to link Margy's, Harry Gates, and Betty Bear huts. Open year round. Also offers groomed ski trails, including connector trails to the Norrie trailhead.
- The Neal Cabin (405)-414-4397: Located in Fryingpan River Valley near Meredith CO, this beautiful cabin can sleep 16 and provides excellent access to backcountry and xc skiing, hunting, fishing and hiking. It also provides an excellent jumping off point for trips to the Harry Gates Hut and the Betty Bear Hut for those looking to come up a night early and get an early start the next day.
- The Marble Mountain Yurt: Drive right on up to our comfortable modern mountain yurt and enjoy glamping at its finest. Bask in the sun and take in the stunning panoramic mountain views above the quirky town of Marble, CO. With immediate access some of the best backcountry skiing, hiking, biking, lakes, rivers, and BBQ in Colorado, there is truly something for everyone to love!
- The High Camp Hut (970)-708-3786: The High Camp Hut sits at 11,000ft near the Top of Lizard Head Pass in San Juan mountains south of Telluride. The cabin sits on the edge of a high alpine meadow with views of Sheep Mountain and San Miguel Peak, and distant views of Wilson, Mt. Wilson, El Diente and Lizard Head Peak.
Other Colorado huts and hut systems
For more information on other backcountry huts and yurts please visit the Colorado Hut & Yurt Alliance home page here, CO Hut & Yurt Alliance.
Lodging with backcountry or cross-country Skiing
- Alpendorf-on-the-Lake (303) 569-2681: 4 mountain cabins & sheepherder's wagon, drive in, ski out @ 11,000 ft. Guanella Pass between I-70 & US-285. Sleep groups of 2-10 + good dogs, all seasons.
- C Lazy U (970) 887-3344: 20km track skiing, backcountry skiing, near Granby, Colorado.
- El Capitan Lodge (970) 390-7700: Located outside Leadville near Vance's Cabin and Tennessee Pass. The cabin provides access to cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter as well as mtn biking and hiking in the summer.
- Endaba Wilderness Retreat (800) 227-9655: secluded in a high mountain valley, San Juan Mtns., Colorado.
- Latigo Ranch Nordic Center 10 cabins, 60km track, meals, near Kremmling, Colorado.
- Lost Trail Ranch LostTrailRanch@gmail.com Miles of trails both groomed and untouched, near Creede, Colorado.
- Mountain Recreation Company (970) 871-1495: groomed trails, backcountry tours, lessons, food, full service outfitter. Near Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- Thunder Mountain Lodge (970)-856-6240: Perched high atop the Grand Mesa sits Colorado’s best kept secret, Thunder Mountain Lodge. Whether you visit during the winter or summer, you will find numerous activities to keep you busy, including snowmobiling, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, boating, ATVing, or 4x4ing.
- USFS Matterhorn Cabin (877)-444-6777: This spacious 12-person hut has electricity, flush toilets and showers and is located right next to 10 kilometers of free groomed cross-country ski trails. Just 15 miles south of Telluride and open year round.
- Vista Verde Guest & Ski Touring Center (800) 526-7433: near Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- Wild Skies Cabin (970) 926-0216: located right near the Flat Tops with year recreation including XC skiing, snowshoeing, hunting and fly-fishing.
- Yule Creek Lodge (970) 355-4080: Off-the-grid cabin located in Marble, Colorado. Year round vehicle access, ski-in/ski-out access to great backcountry skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer. Indoor plumbing, gas stove, refrigerator, laundry, grill. Available year round for rental.
Other Colorado accommodations information
- Aspen Central Reservations (800) 262-7736
- Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce (970) 453-2913
- Copper Mountain Resort Info Center (970) 968-2882
- Crested Butte Information Center (970) 349-6438
- Leadville Chamber of Commerce (719) 486-3900
- Vail Information Center (970) 476-1000
- Redcliff Lodging Information - Green Bridge Inn - 970.827.5228